Monday, September 4, 2017

It's Been A Long, Long Time...

Since my last post... and a lot has happened along the way. Mostly, I have moved, and then moved and moved again. This time I have landed in South Royalton, VT. At some point I may try to catch you all up on the last, what is it, year and a half? Or maybe we'll just go from here...


I have a piece in the the LandARTLab show that opened this past Saturday at the King Farm in Woodstock. If you are at all inclined to take a foliage ride in the coming weeks, I highly recommend a visit to Woodstock, VT which is a fabulous New England town with lots of interesting little shops and places to eat, not to mention the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park. One of my favorite places.

It is also home to two outdoor sculpture parks; SculptureFest (at 509 Prosper Road) and the LandARTLab at the King Farm, where you can wander around in idealic Vermont farm settings and feast your eyes not only on the beauty around you but also on a multitude of uniquely marvelous sculptures.

At the King Farm you'll find my piece "For the Birds", hanging in an old windwsept, bonsai-ish apple tree on the edge of the field.

At either SculptureFest or the King Farm, don't be worried when you drive in and it looks like you are at someones home... you are! At the King Farm, drive around to the left past the house. At the top of the little hill look to the right. You'll see a little kiosk with maps of the site identifying where the sculptures are located. I hope you are able to make it down (or up) sometime this fall! Enjoy!

As always, i'd love to hear from you.
be well-
susie


No comments:

Post a Comment