Thursday, July 11, 2013

Looking East, 6 Degrees North - Part 5 Installation

Day 5 – Tuesday, July 2
It was stormy most of the day, but I did do a little weaving in the afternoon and tidied things up a bit for Tony -an intern at HDAC and pretty amazing photographer- to take pictures.

This is one of his shots, which is gorgeous, don't you think?!



Wednesday, July 3
Anahi, another awesome person at Helen Day Art Center and I had scheduled an interview for Wednesday. This will make you laugh and probably show some of my deficits in the area of computer technology, or technology of any kind. Originally, we were going to do the interview via Skype, so I thought it was going to be a video thing and tried to make myself look somewhat clean and presentable from the waist up.

Perhaps I should explain furthur... since my installation began I have been wandering around with 50 SPF sunscreen smeared on all exposed skin ((no pun intended)) with twigs and dried leaves in my hair and also little bits stuck to the sunscreen... not to mention the occasional mashed snail, earwig and lets not forget mosquitoes and subsequently dried blood too. My dried blood.

Do you get the picture?

I have been sort of a visual mess. But, I am working after all... and in 90 something degree temps and rain to boot.

Anyway. I imagined it was going to be a video, as I said. So, I even put on make-up for the occasion.

When I got there I was relieved to discover that it was not going to be a video, just audio. Whew!

I was really, really nervous. Let me add one more really to that. Mostly, because I know from England video experience the frequency with which the 'ums' slip out of my mouth. 

Anahi graciously assured me she could easily edit out the ums, and other blunders I might make. And I did make them, that's for sure. But, it was okay!! We even had a couple good laughs in the process!

Another 'first' for me and a learning experience.

You can listen to that audio interview by going to my page at:
http://www.helenday.com/susiejgray

That's all for now folks, it's time to cut the red-twig dogwood!
sjg

No comments:

Post a Comment