Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Looking East, 6 Degrees North - Video Extra

Last winter, Rachel and I met to walk the rec path and pick a location for my structure.

Our first choice was a spot close to town and right next to the river, where the view 'looking east' would be comprised of the nearby river and large stand of willow growing on the opposite shore, with long range views of the Vermont mountainside in the distance... and a view of the Church steeple through the south elevation.

Then, this spring,  Bruce - the guy who (along with his crew) maintains the miles of rec path, amongst other things - and I went out to have a look. He recommended not being so close to the river, from the standpoint of his crew being able to prepare the site for me safely, because the river bank is erroding away there in particular, (making it a good spot to plant willow!) He recommended I go for my second choice, which is where I am.

Rachel and I went out again, and all things considered, agreed with him.

Good call Bruce.

See video below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6tiERxFdlU&feature=youtu.be


No comments:

Post a Comment